Traditionally, the second year anniversary theme is Cotton. Here are some anniversary gift ideas that follow that theme (be sure to check back here for new ideas):
- Canvas Art: Modern canvas is often made of cotton. To execute a gift on canvas, here are a few ideas:
- If your partner is into collecting art, you may want to visit one of their favorite galleries to select a meaningful piece.
- Paint your own masterpiece. To do so, you will need relatively little components:
- Schedule a local paint night activity (e.g., www.PaintNite.com) and it can double as a date activity as well.
- Commission a canvas piece to be made. There are a lot of great options on Etsy, from thread art to screen printing on canvas.
- Couples pillow cases: This is a cute option that you both can enjoy. It is perfect if you are one of those couples that like to have matching things.
For the couple that enjoys comics, especially the DC comics fans. Approx. $32:
For the King and Queen of the castle, and less than $10:
For Sleeping Beauty and Snoring Beast (this is totally me and my husband!) and approx. $15
- Clothing: For an anniversary gift, this can come in many different forms depending on the person. Lingerie may be a nice option for a woman that enjoys wearing it. Some other safe options include:
- Matching pajamas or t-shirts (Etsy has some cute options)
- A nice tie or handkerchief with initials or perhaps the wedding date
The second year anniversary was not as exciting as the first. Honestly can’t remember what we did, but I’m pretty sure my husband planned a dinner to celebrate (remember, I said it is just downhill after the first!). I did find a cotton themed gift to be difficult. My husband is one of those people that has to sleep holding a pillow (wish it was me, but it gets too hot!) , so I decided to get him a body pillow. To make it more special, I got a plain white pillow case cover for the body pillow and sewed on a decoration myself. Obviously I’m not the best seamstress, but it showed that I went through some effort and I think my husband appreciated it (it’s supposed to be a 2 symbolized as II in the middle of the heart):
My husband gave me a very thoughtful framed cotton stitching commemorating our anniversary, that I believe he commissioned through Etsy, which hangs in our bedroom today.